Monday, March 22, 2010

New Look

BEFORE....



(Jacomo on 2/15/2010 for his first professional photo-Jacomo il 15 di febbraio 2010 posa per la sua "prima" foto)
(Mom's turn)
After many months of long and unruly hair, I finally decided to take Jacomo to get his "first" haircut, well first professional cut. Until now I was the now cutting here and there, but I think boy's hair needs to be cut by somebody who knows what he is doing. So we went to Cookie Cutters and it was a fun and interesting experience. They made him choose which car he wanted to sit in, the movie he wanted to watch and after that it was 20 minutes of cutting, buzzing and fixing and he transformed into a little man.

Dopo parecchi mesi di capelli lunghi e difficili da gestire, finalmente mi sono decisa a portare Jacomo per il suo "primo" taglio di capelli, il primo taglio di capelli fatto da una professionista. Fino ad adesso li accorciavo io qui e la`, ma sono del parere che i capelli di un maschietto devono essere tagliati da qualcuno che sa quello che fa. Cosi` siamo andati da Cookie Cutters ed e` stata un'esperienza divertente ed interessante allo stesso tempo. Gli hanno fatto scegliere la macchinina in cui sedersi, il film che voleva vedere e dopo 20 minuti di tagli e rasature, l'ha trasformato in un ometto.

..DURING...




....AFTER!


(Jacomo with short hair on 3/18/2010- Jacomo con i capelli corti il 18 marzo 2010)

I never took Vittoria to get her haircut professionally: she liked it long and I would just let it grow out and every once in a while , I would cut it to get rid of split ends or even it out. It there was enough humidity, her hair would curl up and look shorter, so she made sure it would at least touch her shoulders.

Non ho mai portato Vittoria a farsi tagliare i capelli professionalmente: a lei piacevano lunghi e li ha lasciati crescere, ed io ogni tanto li tagliavo per togliere le doppie punte o pareggiarli. Se c'era abbstanza umidita`, i suoi capelli si arriccivano e sembrano piu` corti, cosi` si accertava sempre che le toccassero almeno le spalle .

(I love this photo: you can see her big brown eyes, for once not hidden by her glasses, and her curly brown hair- Questa foto mi piace molto: si possono vedere bene i suoi occhioni marroni, per una volta non nascosti dagli occhiali e i suoi ricci).

3 comments:

  1. OHHH! I really love it! Do you just stare at his new hair now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little man! I can't believe how fast he is growing. I love the photo of Vittoria. It's the first I think I've seen of her without her glasses. Those beautiful, big, brown eyes struck my heart as soon as I saw it! Her hair was so curly there too. Don't know if you guys have thought of this, but it might be interesting to take a good photo of her, and use the software that does age advancement? It might be interesting to see what she might have looked like as she got older? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Handsome Jacamo! I LOVE the binki in the picture, it just makes me smile!

    Beautiful picture of Vittoria too!!

    ReplyDelete