Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 16, 2013- 16 Agosto 2013

(Mom's turn)
Oh, how I missed my sweet girl! And her hands...her hands always so soft and delicate...and with those long skinny fingers....I loved to hold them close to my face and I did until the end, when the nurses let me lay down next to her to "hold" her. I put my face in the crook of her neck and softly rubbed my forehead against her cheek, and tried to be the strong person that I sooo WAS NOT. I wanted that the last words she heard from her mom were of  love and comfort, while inside my heart broke in a million pieces. At that precise moment, I literally wanted to die...my life, without Vittoria in it, was nothing. That night, after we left the hospital, we picked up little Jacomo, just 9 months at the time, from our friends' house and I held on to him with my life, like a shipwreck victim would hang on to his lifesaver.
What saved us? Faith, Family and Friends...We couldn't do it without any of them!
Quanto mi manca la mia dolce bimba! Le sue mani...le sue mani sempre cosi` morbide e delicate...e quelle dita cosi` lunghe e magre....me le tenevo sempre vicino al viso, anche alla fine, quando le infermiere mi hanno permesso di sdraiarmi accanto a lei per poterla "tenere". Ho messo il mio viso nella curva del suo collo e con la mia fronte strofinavo dolcemente la sua guancia, cercando di essere la persona forte che NON ERO. Volevo che le ultime parole sussurrate dalla sua mamma fossero parole di amore e comforte, mentre dentro il cuore mi si spezzava in mille pezzi. Il preciso instante, volevo morire, la mia vita senza Vittoria era niente. Quella sera, dopo aver lasciato l'ospedale, siamo andati a prendere Jacomo, che aveva appena 9 mesi, da casa di amici, e me lo sono tenuta stretto stretto, mi ci sono attaccata come un naufrago farebbe con un salvagente.
Che ci ha salvato? La Fede, la Famiglia e gli Amici....non ce la potremmo fare senza di loro!
(August 16, 2009- Vittoria's hand on James')
 4 years without our sweet Vittoria and we are trying our best to carry on....lots of ups and downs, and usually more downs as we get closer to the month of August. Life is definitely NOT the same, it's just different. Time does NOT heal all wounds, not for us anyway, we just hide our grief better. We miss our daughter something fierce, not a minute of our day goes by that we don't wish she was here with us....
4 anni senza Vittoria e a volte sembra un'eternita`, ma facciamo del nostro meglio per andare avanti...tanti alti e bassi, e di solito abbiamo piu` bassi man mano che ci avviciniamo al mese di agosto. La vita e` senza dubbio NON la stessa, e` diversa. Il passare del tempo non rimargina le ferite, non per noi almeno, riusciamo a nascondere meglio il nostro dolore. Nostra figlia ci manca in maniera viscerale, non c'e` un minuto che passa che non vorremmo averla qui con noi....

At the cemetery

 
(Jacomo and some of his cousins)
VITTORIA, WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH BABY GIRL AND MISS YOU TREMENDOUSLY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment