Wednesday, November 16, 2011

27 Months-27 Mesi

I didn't quite make it to the cemetery today, Jacomo got sick with the flu a few days earlier, and traveling with a sick toddler was not the plan, so we spend a quiet and peaceful day at home, playing in Vittoria's room, something that we do almost every day, and enjoying each other's company, grateful that the Lord gave me my two most amazing and special children. Never for one minute, hadn't my thoughts been for our sweet daughter and how much we have missed her in these past 27 months.
Non sono riuscita ad andare al cimitero oggi, Jacomo e` stato male nei giorni passati con l'influenza e sinceramente viaggiare con un bimbo non in buona salute non era parte del programma, cosi` abbiamo trascorso il giorno in calma e serenita` a casa, a giocare in stanza di Vittoria, cosa che facciamo quasi ogni giorno, godendo delle reciproca compagnia, grata al Signore per avermi dato 2 bambini cosi` speciali e preziosi. Non e` passato un minuto nella mia giornata che i miei pensieri non erano per la nostra dolce bimba e a quanto ci sia mancata in questi 27 mesi.

This photo of Vittoria makes me smile every time.. I don't exactly remember when it was taken, I vaguely remember that James was sick, just laying on the couch, and Vittoria out of the blue built this weird hat... I don't know if it was to cheer her daddy up or what, but I knew I had to take a picture, and I'm glad I did.
Questa foto di Vittoria mi fa sorridere ogni volta che la vedo..non ricordo esattamente quando e` stata scattata, ricordo vagamente che James non si sentiva bene ed era disteso sul divano e Vittoria all'improvviso ha costruito questo cappello un po` strano.. non so se era per tirare su di morale il papa` o cosa, ma sapevo che meritava una foto.

This is another photo of Vittoria that I love,because of her hands. Her long skinny, soft and tender hands that I miss so so much, when they touched my face with a gentle stroke or hold on to my arms with a surprisingly strong grip....
Vittoria, your daddy and mommy miss you more each day, we love you and watch over your family, especially your brother Jacomo.
Questa e` un'altra foto di Vittoria che adoro, per le sue mani. Le sue mani cosi` magre elunghe, morbide e tenere che mi mancano da morire, quando mi toccavano il viso con una gentilezza struggente o quando di aggrappava al mio braccio con una forza sorprendente...
Vittoria, il tuo papa` e la tua mamma sentono sempre di piu`la tua mancanza ogni giorno che passa, ti vogliamo bene e veglia sulla tua famiglia, soprattutto su tuo fratello Jacomo.



At the end of today, as I looked outside and saw this beautiful sunset, I thought once more of how much Vittoria and I loved to watch sunrises and sunsets and sigh at the beauty of this earth.
Con il calare della sera, ho guardato fuori e notato il bellissimo tramonto, ricordo quante volte Vittoria ed io abbiamo ammirato diversi tramonti e qualche alba e sospirato alla bellezza della nostra terra.

No comments:

Post a Comment