Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vittoria's Music

So, finally there is some music that goes with the blog (Thank you, Tori). It's Vittoria's music, since all the songs on the playlist are hers. Some may be wondering about the very many different kinds of music on it...well, Vittoria likes pretty much everything, and I think behind every song there is a story or a meaning. So here we go: It starts with her favorite "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, the one that opens the flood gates whenever we hear it, and it will be always dear to us. It was the only song that Vittoria's eyes would open up to when she was in Intensive Care. Then of course we have "The Phantom of the Opera" soundtrack, which it was played in the car about every day when it came out, and at home and on her MP3. We watched the movie until she knew every line and learned to draw Christine in her fancy dresses. Then we go on to "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus, a song she loved to sing with her cousins Taylor and Natalia at the top of their lungs, usually at the cabin. "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw, "The Prayer" by Andrea Bocelli and "To Where You Are" by Josh Groban were actually played at her viewing and they can be found on her dvd. The 2 "Twilight" songs are some of Vittoria's favorites: "Bella's Lullaby" because was relaxing and romantic and she was starting to like romance, and "Super Massive Black Hole" because ever single time that she played it, her little brother Jacomo would start crying like there was no tomorrow and Vittoria laughed her head off and kept on going. The "Harry Potter" music was played every weekend when Vittoria and her Dad would have the " Harry Potter" marathon. "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban was learned at school, and she loved it. "What I've Done" by Linkin Park was the final song to the movie "Transformers" which was one that Vittoria and I would watch just about every other day. "New Divide" by Linkin Park was a relatevely a new song: Vittoria heard it and loved it. So we got it and it was played in the car every day, even on the morning of the heart surgery on July 21, 2009. "Wizards in Winter" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra was given by Aunt Tori and Vittoria loved it, since to her it was very Harry Potterish. "Broken" by Lindsey Haun is an awesome song that Vittoria learned by watching the movie "Broken Bridges" and if you want to have a good cry, this would be a good one. Tori made me listen to "Footprints in the Sand" by Leona Lewis. There was no need to tell you that it had to be on this blog: the back cover of Vittoria's Funeral program has the "Footprints" poem on it and to me it's just the perfect song. "Fly" by Celine Dion was written for Celine's niece who passed away at a young age....and it felt like it was for Vittoria too. "He's a Pirate" from the "Pirates of the Carabbinean" movie would get Vittoria dancing and jumping around the room. Vittoria went through a Riverdance phase: from morning until evening "Warriors" was the most played and danced to.
There is also a song from the movie "Enchanted": Vittoria loved the movie and dancing to the different songs, same story for "Spirit" Soundtrack.
For all those who know our family, we are major NCIS fans: every Tuesday night for the past 6 years we have watched religiously every episode, so Vittoria kinda got brainwashed, mostly by her mom, and when she was old enough to stand, she has danced with me to the opening song and done that until the night before her surgery. It was a ritual for us, no matter if we were at the table, ready to eat, or outside, we would stop what we were doing and started dancing like crazy (just ask James). I think it was this show that got Vittoria wanting to be a doctor.I hear it now and it hurts, I miss dancing with my little girl. We already have little Jacomo dancing to it and.....it needs a lot of work! There is one song that is not on the playlist and needs to be: it's "Arms of Love" by our dear friend James Marsden. Many don't know that right after Vittoria passed away the evening of August 16, 2009, our friend went home and wrote it in one night. He was definately inspired and what a great tribute to our Vittoria when he sang it at her funeral. The beautiful song is available through her blog.
And finally last song: It's "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was sung at the end of the Funeral Service for our little girl and I think it's one the most beautiful Church songs ever written.
As more songs that Vittoria liked will come to mind, I'll add them to the playlist.
The next posts will have some of Vittoria's drawings. She is a very talented girl and I thought it would fun to show some of her pictures.

4 comments:

  1. I seriously think about you guys almost every day. I will never forget you, nor certain moments shared (or observed)in the PICU. I don't know if you knew this, but Maddox's 1st surgery was scheduled for July 21st, it was a Wednesday. He was born the previous Thursday, and I had finally been able to hold him on Tuesday. We got into to the PICU early Wednesday morning so I could hold him for just a few more minutes before they took him away. It was one of those bitter sweet things. I didn't know if I was going to get to hold him again, and I didn't want to let go. We waited and waited. The nurses kept telling us it would be just a little longer. Then finally we got the news that it was being postponed for a more critical case. I cried. It was such a blessing for me to be able to hold my baby for one more day, and I felt such pain for whomever's child was going in his place. That one extra day brought me so much peace. We heard "Love Story" through the partition many times. It's also one of my daughters favorites and it brought comfort to me during the long hours. Then we met you guys. And you brought us strength, more than you'll ever know. Thanks for sharing these stories about Vittoria. She truly was a special little girl, and it's fun to read about her. Lots of Love.
    Bulkley's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get these comments still. I would love to have a copy of that song James sang at the funeral. Not you James Frandsen-that would scare me! JK JK JK. I love you all and think of you so often. You are continually in our family prayers.
    CAri

    ReplyDelete
  3. non reicsco a smettere di paingere. thank you for sharing. We LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete