Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Night Week 4

Do you ever just feel like Job in the Bible?? I can't believe how difficult little things can be all at one time. We have everything going on with Vittoria and we know we have a long road ahead of us. We have been working for days on trying to get Val's mom an extension so she can stay in the U.S. for a few months until we get things settled down. It seems to be impossible. The government agencies keep sending us back and forth in circles. In the end, we are told that she can return back to Italy and start all over again with the risk that they will not let her back in. Get another Visa... how many months will that take. This great country is supposed to be such a humanitarian nation... LIKE HELL!!! Only when it gains some political ground for somebody. I'll bet that if Obama's little girl was laying in the ICU precariously perched on the line between life and death and his wife's mother was from another country and intended to stay a couple months but their life turned into our nightmare, I'll bet there would be a very simple answer. I'll bet that there wouldn't be any question. You know that THEY would be taken care of.

Sorry I'm on a rampage tonight. Somebody put a big scratch the whole length of my Jeep. Val went to pay for dinner at the cafeteria with one of their pre-load cards and $70.00 disappeared from the card. It bought breakfast this morning but has zero balance tonight. The list goes on today. I know it's not important in the grand scheme of things but it is really annoying to have to deal with this garbage on top of everything else.

Now that I have ranted, let me tell you about Vittoria. She is so strong and brave. She sleeps with all the meds they give her, but she has a lot of times that they work on her to turn her and clean her and inspect all the tubing and .... it is amazing she can sleep. When she is awake, she tries to help them move her. If they need to place something under her, she pushes her heels and shoulders down and lifts her little bum off the bed. Considering her situation, that is pretty impressive.

Today, the nurse asked her if she wanted her to play "Taylor" (Taylor Swift) and her eyes popped open and she shook her head yes. I wish Taylor knew how much of an impact she has on this little girl. Her music is the highlight of Vittoria's life right now. Music heals...

Well, I need to settle down and try to sleep. I have been way over stressed today. As I pray tonight, I will ask for the most precious gift, a heart for my little princess. Please join me and pray for my little angel.

6 comments:

  1. dang it. my bad day yesterday turned into yours today.
    Cheers to tomorrow.
    now I'm irked about the un-loading of the pre-loaded cafeteria card. aggravating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about all the other crap going on on top of what you are all dealing with. Did that happen to the card I gave you? I hope not, but let me know and I can see what I can do...that should not have happened. I don't know what to say if it was.

    I hope you and Val can get some sleep and I'm glad that Vittoria is hanging in there. Our best, the Dixon's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speriamo tanto che siate riusciti a riposare un pò dopo tutte le contrarietà di questo giorno. Giobbe ha avuto pazienza. Non mollate, mantenete la calma che è la cosa più importante per la nostra piccola principessa. Vi abbracciamo sempre più forte zio Alberto e zia Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about all that is happening. Would it help for us to send emails to the senators/representatives to see if they can help with Val's mom's situation? (Not that I know any of them, but perhaps a few emails might help?!?) Marinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. ciao finalmente abbiamo capito come fare per potervi scrivere direttamente. vi stiamo seguendo passo passo e preghiamo tanto per la nostra Vittoria. Vi vogliamo un gran bene non mollate come ormai vi scrivono tutti. un grande bacio e a Vale TI VOGLIO TANTO BENE CUGINETTA MI MANCHI. Un bacio a tutti Francy e Emanuele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good time to get the media involved. It would definitely be an intrusion, but it would get a lot of public support going for Val's mom to be able to stay. ... Let me know if you're comfortable with it and I could contact a few journalists I know who would LOVE to write this story. We're praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete