Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday Morning Week 3

Wow! Two weeks down and going into the third. I can't believe it. Time just gets distorted here. Some times it goes quickly. Other times I look at the time ever five minutes. This is probably because there are not any windows where we are at and the lights are always on.

Two weeks ago this instant we were happy, care-free and laughing about how excited Vittoria was to have surgery. The last time I saw her smile was as she skipped down the hall holding the anethesiologist's hand, looking up at him smiling and him looking down at her smiling. Then they told us how much fun she was as they got her ready to operated. She asked for cotton candy flavored sleeping gas... just like always. And now we are living a nightmare that I could never have imagined... Now the only way for it to end is to be blessed with a successful transplant.

Vittoria is a trooper. She is pretty stable for the most part. Thank heavens! She has better lungs this morning so that is exciting. Kidneys are improving a little but that has been really slow. Something is better than nothing.

I am off to go home an pay some bills.... I guess there are some that will just have to be late.... I really don't care at this point. I just have to keep reminding myself that the world has just kept turning since we got here. You know what they say about hospital bills, "the bills beat you home." We have found that is true, they have beat us home. I won't worry about them. They know where to find us.

Well, I have to go. Please keep praying for our little angel, our baby girl, our princess. We love her so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. I always wonder about hospital bills. What can they do? Reposess Vittoria? I don't think you need to worry about anything but your little family. I believe the rest will work itself out. We love you and pray for you always. See you very soon!

    ReplyDelete